Dandelion Greens with Champagne Vinaigrette
This is a simple and quick salad that works great with a variety of greens, especially tougher greens like dandelions, Russian Red kale, and even softer varieties like mizuna, arugula and spinach. For a slightly smokier flavor, fry bacon and substitute the rendered fat, about half and half, with the olive oil. Sprinkle bacon bits over the finished salad.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound tender young dandelion greens, any tough stems discarded
Finish and serve:Pour hot dressing over dandelion greens in a bowl, tossing with tongs to coat. Let sit for 5-10 minutes prior to serving. This will allow the greens time to soften and macerate in the liquids.
- Plate greens and top with sprinkle of raisins and almonds.