Simple Guacamole Recipe
Making good guacamole seems easy, and it is, just follow these easy steps and you’ll get a great party dip every time! When making guacamole make sure your avocados are ripe, a thumb pressed lightly near them stem should easily indent the fruit. Firmer avocados are better for salads, or chopped into tortilla soup, omelets and sandwiches.
- 4 ripe avocados, de-seeded, and peeled
- 1 slightly under-ripe tomato, de-seeded and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno finely diced
- 1/4 C finely diced red onion
- 1/4 C roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 limes juiced
- Salt to taste
- Place the avocado in a bowl and mash with a fork until desired consistency. Mix in the tomato, jalapeno, onion and cilantro along with half the lime juice, you can also substitute fresh pico de gallo salsa for these if you have some you like. Any cooked salsa will not work, it must be fresh salsa.
- Once mixed in, taste. The fats in avocados will soak up a lot of salt. Start by adding a teaspoon and tasting, add a few pinches more until you can taste all of the flavors. Balance the butteriness of the avocados with the lime juice and salt.
- This recipe is easily halved or doubled depending on the quantities available. Serve with chips or with broiled flank steak, tortillas, rice and beans for your own fiesta!