Greek Fennel Skillet
This delicious savory bulb has a crunchy texture when eaten raw and a delicious anise flavor that pairs well with root vegetables when roasted. Serve this as a side or make it a main course by serving it over pasta or polenta. Try out this delicious Greek Fennel Skillet using the recipe below.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, julienned
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ½ cups feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- In a large pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fennel and onion and sauté until tender and beginning to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and toss briefly until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add lemon juice and tomatoes, reduce heat to medium and cook until liquid evaporates, about 6-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and toss with feta, olives and parsley. Serve with toasted Italian bread.