Back-to-School Eats: Pineapple Coconut Muffins recipe
These muffins are filled with veggies and fruit and are truly tasty. They have a pina-colada flavor and are sweet enough to be a treat in any lunch box.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup peeled zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained of most juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin pan with 12 liners and set aside.
- Mix the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. Mix the remaining ingredients in a smaller bowl. When all the wet ingredients are mixed, blend them with the dry ingredients in the large bowl. Mix just to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes or until golden and a fork inserted into the center of a muffin comes out cleanly.
Kristin Marciochi is a teacher and fan of healthy cooking. When not walking her Great Dane or reading a good book, Kristin can be found experimenting with different recipes in the kitchen. Her blog, Shelfishness (www.shelfishness.blog.com) is a fun way to share original recipes, music, and books.