Northwest Lasagna recipe
Adding braising mix to lasagna brings wonderful flavor, texture and nutritional value. If you didn’t get braising mix in your Full Circle order or want to make your own, just chop and mix together a variety of dark, leafy greens – chards, beet greens, kales and collards all work great!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cups chopped cremini mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups braising mix, packed
- ½ cup red wine
- ¼ cup broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 2 cups ricotta
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 box lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onions until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté until soft, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute, then add braising mix. Toss to mix with onions and garlic then add wine and broth and cover. Cook gently for about 2 minutes then remove cover and simmer until sauce reduces. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix fresh basil and oregano, 2 cups mozzarella, ricotta and half of the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Spoon 1/4 of marinara sauce into bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Place 3 uncooked lasagna noodles on top of sauce. Do not overlap noodles. Spread 1/3 of cheese mixture over noodles, top with 1/4 of sauce and 1/3 of the braising mixture. Repeat layers, ending with sauce then top with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake until bubbling and beginning to brown on top, about 30-45 minutes. Remove from oven, let rest 10 minutes prior to serving.