How to Make Spinach in Peanut Sauce (Recipe)
Great over rice or as a side dish, two bunches of spinach will become a portion for two people or a side for 3-4. Excellent served with homemade naan or pita bread. Serve with fresh goat cheese or Thai glass noodles to complete the meal.
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ¾ cup of water
- 2 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 lbs spinach, rough chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ tsp chili powder (or more if you like a spicy dish)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 Tbsp green onions
- Heat oil in sauce pan over medium heat. When hot, brown off onions.
- Add the water and peanut butter, turn to low heat, stir until dissolved and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add salt, honey, chili pepper and tomatoes, stir together.
- Add the spinach on top and put on a lid, leave on until spinach has wilted but is still bright.
- Thin with more water if necessary to desired consistency.
- Mix together and garnish with chopped peanuts and chopped green onions, serve as a side or over rice.