Thanksgiving Classic Recipes: Root Vegetable Puree
Mashers are a holiday staple. Especially when there is some turkey gravy to cover them in. This holiday, spice up your country mashers by adding parsnips and cauliflower to give it an extra zing. Your guests won’t know your secret and it’s sure to be a favorite.
- 2 lb Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 2 lb parsnips, cubed
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 T fresh sage, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, roasted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 T unsalted butter
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot steam potatoes and parsnips until almost tender, about 10-15 minutes, add cauliflower and steam until very soft and potatoes and parsnips mash easily with a fork.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mash until roughly mashed, but creamy. If necessary adjust cream or butter.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Find more of our favorite recipes in our Thanksgiving e Cookbook!