Vinaigrette with Shallots and Tarragon Recipe
The tarragon gives this classic vinaigrette a delicious twist, but you could also use sweet or Thai basil. It’s fantastic on salads that include dried fruits such as dates or cherries and is truly wonderful in a green salad with pink grapefruit and avocado.
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallots
- 1/4 cup Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine shallots and vinegar in small bowl and let soak for 20 minutes. (This mellows the shallots enough so that they don’t overpower the vinaigrette.) Whisk in honey, then the olive oil in a gentle stream until dressing slightly thickens. Stir in tarragon and season with salt and pepper.