Baba Ganoush Recipe
Baba ganoush is a simple and flavorful way to prepare an often misunderstood vegetable, eggplant. Serve baba ganoush as a delicious dipping sauce with wedges of warm pita bread, fresh cucumber and celery, or as a spread for vegetarian sandwiches.
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Set oven to Broil on high. Prick eggplant skin with a fork, rub lightly with olive oil and place on middle rack below broiler. Broil, turning frequently, until the skin blackens and blisters and the flesh begins to soften, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly and peel off outer skin.
- Place flesh in medium sized bowl, using a fork mash eggplant. Add tahini, garlic, cumin and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Season with salt to taste. Drizzle olive oil over top, sprinkle with parsley and serve with warm pita bread, sliced vegetables or chips.