Roasted Red Pepper Tapenade Recipe
This delicious dip is a welcome addition to a light Mediterranean themed dinner, lunch or just as a healthy snack. Pair with hummus, an olive plate, some fresh feta and freshly grilled pita or naan for a delicious meal.
- 2-3 medium-sized red peppers
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 T capers (optional)
- Place whole peppers directly over gas flame or under a hot broiler. Cook until skin is completely blistered and black. Place in a plastic bag and let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle run under cold water and remove outer, blackened skin. Cut off stem, seeds, and white ribs.
- Place in a food processor with olives, tomatoes, pistachios, garlic and parsley. Pulse until a rough paste adding olive oil as necessary to mix. Salt and pepper to taste and mix in capers, if using.
- Let mixture cool allowing flavors to mix for 20 minutes, then spread on toasted baguette slices or serve as a dip for pita bread or naan.