Qorma (Afghan Spinach Dish) Recipe
This traditional Afghan dish is an excellent side when served with falafel, kebabs or just as a topping over white rice. Cook until spinach is creamy or until desired texture is reached.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup green onions (white and green parts), chopped
- 2 lb fresh, chopped spinach
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 Tbsp dried dill
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large deep pan heat the oil over medium-high and sauté the onions until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook covered, on medium heat, stirring regularly until wilted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add a few tablespoons of water to pan and remaining ingredients except lemon juice.
- Stir thoroughly and cook for 5 to 10 more minutes until the liquid has decreased, keeping an eye on the pot so it doesn't dry out.
- If you’re going for satiny smooth, add more water or stock and continue to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes. Otherwise, season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve as a side or over rice.
Download our handy Weekly Meal Planner for FREE! Take the guesswork out of meal planning and have yourself a stress free week!