Spring Salad with Peach Vinaigrette Recipe
In an effort to make these first peaches of the season last a little longer than breakfast, and to introduce some other favorite spring flavors, here is an easy and bright salad.
- 4 medium ripe peaches, peeled
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens, arugula, mizuna or spinach
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted (toss in butter and brown sugar for a sweeter topping)
- Slice three peaches; set aside.
- Cut the remaining peach in half; place in a blender.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice, vinegars and salt; cover and process until blended.
- While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream until emulsified and creamy.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, romaine, onion and cucumber.
- Pour about 2/3 cup dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving platter; top with sliced peaches and bacon.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing; sprinkle with pecans.
- Serve immediately.