Stone Fruit Salad with Toasted Almonds
Today is National Rainier Cherry Day! In celebration of Washington’s signature stone fruit, here’s a summer salad that makes the most of these amazing fruits as well as a few other incredible seasonal flavors.
- 1 cup riesling or other sweet white wine
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp almond oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 3 plums, sliced
- 2 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 2 apricots, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup pitted fresh cherries, halved
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat wine in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper.
- To serve salad, toss salad greens and fruit with dressing.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese and sliced almonds.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe from CookingLight.com
photo credit: Katherine Martinelli via photopin cc