Summer Fruit Popsicles
One of my favorite childhood treats are homemade frozen fruit popsicles. Nowadays I tend to buy Fruitstix by the box full, since they most closely resemble those from my memories. But for those of you that are craving a little homemade treat, you can’t beat the heat any better than with these simple fruit popsicles.
Try chopping various fruits and adding them in then filling the gap with pureed watermelon, as this will provide texture and keep them solid while you eat them.
- 3 cups watermelon puree (about 1/4 to 1/2 a watermelon)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 peach or nectarine, diced small
- handful fresh cherries, pitted and chopped
- 12 popsicle molds
- 12 popsicle sticks
- Cut the watermelon into chunks and then puree it in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Set out about 1 dozen popsicle molds (amount needed will vary depending on size of molds).
- Fill each one with the chopped fresh fruit.
- Then pour in the watermelon puree until each mold is full to the top.
- Place a popsicle stick into each one.
- Place into your freezer and freeze for about 6 to 8 hours.
It will take a few hours for these popsicles to fully freeze as the sugar in the juice acts as a natural antifreeze. If you can lower the temp on your freezer this will help. You can raise it again once they are frozen.