Blueberry Peach Crisp Recipe
This is the season to pull out our best crisp recipe. Nothing beats the deep, rich, tart bite of fresh blueberries, unless you pair them with the sweet floral scent of baked peaches. A dollop of homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream makes this dessert a real treat.
- 3 ripe peaches, cut into small bite sized chunks
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp crystallized ginger (optional)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour (this can easily be made gluten free by using GF flour)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Preheat oven to 375?F.
- Mix ingredients for the filling in a medium bowl and let sit while you mix the topping.
- In another bowl mix the flour, sugars, spices and salt until blended.
- Cut the cold butter into the mixture in small chunks using a fork or wooden spoon, continue cutting into the mixture until the butter is in peas-sized pieces.
- Grease a 9x9 baking pan and add the filling.
- Squeeze together chunks of the topping with fingertips and cover filling.
- Place on center rack in oven and bake until fruit is bubbling and topping is brown and crisp, about 45-60 minutes.
- Remove and let cool 10 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream, or just eat it out of the pan.