Cauliflower Pilaf Recipe
Most pilafs use a variety of grains to pillow up nuts, fruits and seasonings. This recipe uses lightly sauteed ginger, garlic and onions as the base then lightly sauteed cauliflower and a handful of nuts and dried fruit.
A healthy handful of chopped parsley and mint brightens up the flavor and adds a delicious aroma. Serve with a dollop of plain yogurt or some fragrant dal and pita bread.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 head cauliflower, finely diced
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Sal and pepper
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat add oil.
- When almost smoking add onions and cook until soft but not browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic ginger and spices.
- Lower heat and cook until onions are very soft, about 5 minutes.
- Toss in cauliflower, raisins and water, cover and let steam for 2 minutes.
- Remove cover and toss, cooking until water is completely reduced.
- Add fresh herbs, nuts, salt and pepper to taste and serve.