Homemade Baked Potato Chips
Make your own homemade baked potato chips for a healthy and delicious snack. Make sure to rinse your sliced potatoes thoroughly to remove the starch, this will allow your chips to cook without sticking. Also, make sure they are dry before oiling and baking.
- 1 pound large baking potato
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Slice potatoes about 1/8th to 1/16th-inch thick on a mandolin or food processor. You can slice them lengthwise for longer chips great for dipping or across for regular shaped chips.
- Place the slices in large bowl of cold water, rinse until starch is mostly off and water is clear.
- Drain well until dry (you can also pat dry with paper towels).
- Using a brush spread olive oil across two baking trays and the cut garlic clove in half. Rub each tray with one half of the clove, pressing hard to extract the oils.
- In a large bowl toss slices with oil, salt and pepper.
- Lay potato slices ¼-inch apart on both trays and bake for 10 minutes, then rotate pans and bake another 10 minutes.
- Flip potato slices and bake until golden, another 5-10 minutes.
- Removing done slices to a cooling rack and sprinkling with more salt, parsley and cheese (if using) to taste.
- Serve with dips or store in an airtight container once cool.