How to Make a Super Veggie Dip Bowl
See what I did there? Not that you have to forgo the little smokies, nacho cheese dip, or your tower of meats for the Super Bowl, but how about a little bit o’ veggie love thrown into the melee? Carrots aren’t just for dipping in ranch and celery isn’t just a vehicle for conveying spoonfuls of blue cheese into your hot wing-scorched mouth.
So let’s hear it for the veggies! Try this delicious dip on crackers, cucumber slices, carrots, celery, or a spread in veggie rolls. If you’d like it a bit thinner consistency (as seen above) add some buttermilk. You can even omit the cream cheese, thin with buttermilk and make a delicious salad dressing!
- 2 cups arugula or baby spinach
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh herbs, tarragon, dill, basil or parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups vegetable chips, finely crushed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Raw vegetables or crackers for serving
- Combine the first six ingredients in a food processor, pulsing until finely chopped.
- Add in sour cream, mayonnaise and cream cheese and pulse to combine.
- Add the crushed chips and pulse to mix.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and chill for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Serve with vegetables or crackers.
Stolen from Food Network Kitchens