Banana Brittle Recipe
So it’s time for a bit of a sweet treat. Something we can share with friends, maybe if they’re nice. Maybe something we don’t have to feel too bad about. Like the banana brittle for instance. Banana-y, peanut-y, crunch yet chewy and scrumptious.
It’s on like Donkey Kong.
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 3 semi-ripe medium bananas, very thinly sliced crosswise
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup minced unsalted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- On a large baking sheet, melt the butter in the oil.
- Spread to coat the pan evenly and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of the sugar.
- Cover with the banana slices in a slightly overlapping layer.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon and peanuts.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the slices around the edge are crisp and golden.
- Let cool slightly so they firm up.
- Transfer the browned slices to a plate and bake the rest for about 3 minutes, or until browned.
- The brittle can be wrapped in wax paper and kept in an airtight container for up to 5 days (as if it will last that long).