Sesame Ginger Bok Choy Recipe
Bok choy’s clean and delicate bitterness balances deliciously with the classic Mandarin flavorings of scallion, ginger and garlic and with the Sichuan trio of garlic, ginger and chili peppers. This is a great meal over rice or side along with teriyaki chicken.
- 1 bunch (1 lb.) Baby Bok Choy, cleaned and quartered
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh crushed garlic
- 1 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- Juice of half lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil over medium high heat until shimmering, but before oil is smoking.
- Sauté bok choy quickly for 30 seconds, add in ginger, garlic and chili flakes.
- Sauté until bok choy is tender but slightly crisp and the greens are slightly wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, squeeze juice of one lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.