Simple Greek Salad Recipe
A great salad to accompany barbecue, as its clean, bright flavors will complement heavier dishes, this Greek salad is easy to make and quick to create, a perfect salad for any beginning cook. Use good quality kalamata olives and capers as the saltiness and flavor of these dark jewels mixed with the briny capers really brings the dish together.
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano
- 2 Tbsp capers, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 red onion, halved and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cucumber, de-seeded, halved and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 oz feta cheese, or other hard goat cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- Mix oil, lemon juice, garlic oregano, capers and salt in a small bowl, or pulse in a food processor to emulsify.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss tomatoes, onion, cucumber and olives with dressing.
- Lightly toss fold in feta and serve.
- Can be stored covered for one to two days.