Roasted Sweet Corn Popsicles
Everyone loves the taste of sweet summer corn. A freshly grilled cob really says summer has arrived for me. Lately I’ve been fascinated with all of the corn dessert dishes out there. From flan and cake to custard and ice cream, corn has made its way from dinner to dessert.
While searching for sweet corn dishes I found this recipe and immediately new this was going to be my summer experiment. Starting with this base I’m going to try other fruit and veggie combinations including coloring with beets, adding some slices of nectarine or plums and maybe even some mango.
Give this recipe a try on your next sunny day and see what you can make.
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp agave nectar, honey or maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Alternately corn can be grilled.
- Clean and prep corn by removing husk and silk.
- Roast or grill until lightly browned, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove kernels from corn with a sharp knife and allow to cool completely.
- In a blender, add corn, remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- For a creamy consistency strain out any particles and divide mixture into popsicle molds.
- Freeze for a minimum of six hours or overnight until well set.
Recipe adapted from KiranTarun.com.