Simple Summer Green Bean Salad Recipe
Green beans are coming in fresh and crisp. No better preparation for these beans beats a simple salad. Delicious chilled, room temperature or warm, it is the perfect salad to bring to your next potluck or picnic. Looking to give it just a hint more sophistication? Try adding slivers of almonds and golden raisins that have macerated in warm brandy or port.
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- Prep and parboil beans in salted water until tender-crisp.
- Drain and let cool in single layer.
- Add shallots to a heavy wooden bowl, add salt and pepper and grind with a heavy wooden spoon or pestle to forma paste.
- Whisk in vinegar and then olive oil in a steady stream.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
- Toss in tomatoes, green beans and dill right before serving to retain flavor and color.