Nectarine and Prosciutto Salad Recipe
With fresh delicious nectarines in season I’ve been putting these amazing stonefruits in everything. Grilled Chicken with Nectarine Chutney, Nectarine and Mint Milkshakes, cobblers and more. To maximize both flavor and nutrition I always try to include at least one nut and one fresh fruit in all my salads.
Try this delicious combination the next time you make a salad. Using a spicier green like arugula or mizuna or even a softer, sweeter green like spinach helps to accentuate the bright, tart sweetness of these seasonal fruits.
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups arugula, trimmed if necessary
- 2 ripe nectarines, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese (see Tip)
- 3 paper-thin slices prosciutto (about 2 ounces), torn into 2-inch strips
- Freshly ground pepper (optional)
- Combine lemon juice, shallot, mustard, honey and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk in oil until combined.
- Add arugula and toss to coat.
- Divide among 4 plates and top with equal portions of nectarine, Parmesan and prosciutto.
- Serve with a grinding of pepper on top, if desired.