Grilled Peaches and Plums Dessert Recipe
Holy moley. This really is a great time of year for us eaters. Not only are we getting the bounty of the summer coming in off of the fields, but we are also getting the early spike of fall flavors. Pears, plums, pluots and apples are all available.
This recipe blends the summer flavors of grilled peaches with the shoulder season plums and a few other simple ingredients for a can’t-resist dessert that will really put a smile on your face.
- 12 red or purple plums—halved and pitted, 2 plums thinly sliced
- ½ cup sugar and two tablespoons more
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 5 Peaches, halved and pitted
- Mascarpone, gelato or ice cream for serving
- Prepare your grill. In a small saucepan, combine sliced plums sugar and water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until plums are very soft, about 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a food processor and puree. Pour into a small bowl, add lemon juice and set aside to cool.
- Add two tablespoons of sugar to warm melted butter. Over a hot, prepared grill, grill plums and peach halves, basting with butter. Grill both sides for about 3 minutes each, or until tender and lightly caramelized.
- Plate fruit and cover with plum sauce. Serve with a dollop of mascarpone or ice cream.