Avocado Toast With Honey Recipe
New Year’s resolutions have been made and plans have been set. But two weeks into 2015 and we’re already reminded of how hard it can be to stick to those goals. Here’s a quick recipe to help keep your healthy year on the right track.
This avocado toast packs a whole lot of flavor, healthy fats, and some carbohydrates to keep you full. Enjoy this toast for lunch alongside a tasty kale salad or as a quick breakfast. What I love most about avocado toast is the endless topping potential, here’s my favorite mix of the moment.
- 1 avocado, cut in half, pit removed
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds or chopped almonds
- 1/4 Meyer lemon, very thinly sliced with the skin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- Toast the bread and cut in half diagonally.
- Cut avocado halves in half again to make quarters. Peel skin off and slice.
- Fan the sliced avocado over the toast. Top with hemp seeds or almonds, a few slices of the shaved meyer lemon, salt and pepper.
- Finish with a generous drizzle of honey and dig in!
Recipe and Photos by Ilana Pulda of www.ilanafreddye.com