Orange & Celery Salad Recipe
A bright salad to brighten your week. With crunchy celery and refreshing oranges, this salad is a perfect way to use whats available in the Full Circle boxes. Walnuts add a nice crunch and nutty flavor to this otherwise crisp dish.
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 head celery, cleaned and cut into stalks
- 1/2 head fennel, green tops removed
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup shaved parmigiano cheese
- 2 1/2 Tbl olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- salt & pepper
- Peel the oranges with your knife by cutting off a small piece from both ends. Stand fruit up on one end and begin running your knife down the sides, curving around the fruit as you go to remove the skin and white pith.
- Slice the oranges across the center into thin slices or separate into segments.
- Thinly slice the celery stacks and fennel on a diagonal or slice on a mandolin.
- In a bowl whisk together olive oil and lemon juice, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add celery, fennel, oranges, and walnuts to the bowl. Toss together with the dressing. Finish with the parmigiano and a sprinkle of black pepper.
For more blood orange recipes check out this Citrus Salad Recipe.