Full Circle’s Chimichurri
Chimichurri is a green sauce, originally from Argentina, that is used for grilled meats. This colorful sauce can double as a marinade, is the perfect accompaniment to all cuts of beef and can be used to complement seafood as well. Traditional chimichurri can be highly acidic and is not for all palates, but this new twist on the classic–with cilantro and lemon juice–is mild and ideal for backyard barbecue parties.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Fresno chile or red jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh organic cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh organic Italian parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh organic oregano, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the lemon juice, salt, garlic, shallot and chile in a medium bowl. Let mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro, parsley and oregano. Slowly whisk in the oil.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the chimichurri to a small bowl, lightly season with salt to taste and reserve as sauce.
- Use the remaining chimichurri as a marinade: Place meat or fish in a glass dish and toss with remaining marinade. Cover and chill overnight.
- Remove meat from marinade, pat dry and grill to the desired temperature.
- Serve with the reserved sauce spooned over top.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetite.