Recipe #2 – 3 Healthy Fall Appetizers – Pitazza
Mini “PitaZza” with Artichoke, Roasted Red Peppers & Olives
- 1 (or more!) per person, mini pita bread (whole wheat)
- Toppings of your choice, you could most certainly use some of those beautiful Full Circle basket ingredients, such as leeks, peppers and even kale
- Instead of regular pizza sauce, I use spicy sundried tomato chutney
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- Lightly grease a baking sheet and arrange the mini pita bread on top.
- Spread the spicy sundried tomato chutney on each mini pita.
- Arrange toppings of your choice, followed by some fresh mozzarella. You could add a combination of mozzarella and cheddar, if you’d like.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler and cook on high until the cheese melts and browns up a little. Broiler times may vary, between 10-13 minutes.
- Remove from broiler, sprinkle Italian seasoning and some salt to taste (to season the plain mozzarella).