Oven-Roasted Purple Potato Fries
Despite their interesting color, purple potatoes taste just like regular potatoes and can be used in pretty much the same way. My favorite part about making these fries is the look they get from people who have never had them–surprised yet curious. Pair with your favorite sauce and enjoy!
- 2 large organic purple potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes into thin strips at the desired thickness.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder and onion powder.
- Coat the potato strips with the oil/spice mixture and arrange carefully on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes (length of time may vary depending on thickness).
- Remove from heat and serve warm with your choice of seasonal sauce.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious.