Brussels Sprouts and Apple Slaw
This easy recipe offers lots of opportunity for variations–add pomegranate seeds or toasted pepitas to the salad or add toasted caraway to the dressing; use thinly sliced cabbage instead of brussels sprouts; the possibilities are endless. Just use your imagination. A quick chop of vegetables, a whisk of dressing and the slaw is made.
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, cut into matchsticks
- 3/4 lb Brussels Sprouts, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, leaves torn
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Combine apple, Brussels Sprouts and parsley in bowl.
- Whisk lemon juice and olive oil together and add to apple mixture.
- Toss and season with salt and pepper.