Kale with Leeks
There’s a saying among produce professionals that “kale is the little black dress of the vegetable world.” It seems that everywhere you turn, there’s kale-recipe-this or kale-recipe-that, but the bottom line is that kale is a delicious and healthy addition to so many dishes. This fall dish, with spicy leek slivers and juicy pomegranate seeds, will bring your meal alive on any night of the week and the easy prep makes it a snap.
- 1 bunch of organic kale, washed, dried and torn into pieces
- 1 medium organic leek, washed, halved lengthwise and sliced into 1/4" crescents
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Organic pomegranate seeds
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large pot. Add leeks and saute until soft, taking care not to let them get too brown.
- Add kale in bunches, seasoning lightly with salt between additions and sauté 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and serve.
Pro tip: Add toasted pine nuts for the perfect crunch.
Photos by Ilana Freddye.