Quinoa Chicken Salad
This delicious and simple quinoa chicken salad recipe is the perfect quick lunch. With healthy quinoa mixed right in, use this chicken salad on a sandwich, on a bed of greens or as a stand alone treat. Share your ideas about how to use this in the comments.
- 1 chicken breast, grilled or pan fried, chilled
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa, chilled
- 4 organic basil leaves
- 1 organic celery stalk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp mayonaise
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Chop or shred chicken with a fork, set aside in a bowl.
- Stack basil leaves, roll up and thinly slice them.
- Slice celery lengthwise into thirds and chop into small pieces.
- Add celery, basil, olive oil, quinoa and mayonaise to the bowl and mix together.
- Taste and add salt and pepper until desired flavor is achieved.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Ilana Freddye.