Remarkable Roasted Beet Hummus
This remarkable roasted beet hummus is the perfect healthy appetizer for any gathering. Creamy and packed with nutrients, pair this hummus with a flatbread cracker or sliced rye bread for a snack that’s sure to please.
This recipe calls for golden beets but you can easily substitute red beets for a super cool bright pink hummus.
- 4 organic golden beets
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 1 clove organic garlic
- 2 Tsp cumin
- Juice from 1 organic lemon
- 1 Tsp sea salt, to taste
- ¼ Tsp ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, to garnish
- Dash of paprika, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Remove the stem and root from the beets; scrub and wash them thoroughly until clean.
- Wrap beets in foil, place them on a baking sheet and place in oven on the center rack. Roast for 40 minutes (longer for larger beets). When fully roasted, the beets should be tender to the touch. Remove from foil and set aside.
- Once beets have cooled to room temperature, dice half of one beet and set aside. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. If needed, add a bit of water to thin.
- Transfer hummus to a serving bowl and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of paprika and remaining diced beets.
- Enjoy immediately with your choice of cracker or flatbread.
- Note: Hummus will keep in the fridge for about a week.
Recipe adapted from Kim’s Cravings.