Chocolate Pecan Pie with Bourbon & Orange
We used a ready-to-bake pie crust from Essential Baking to simplify the recipe even more (but there’s a link to an easy pie crust included as well if you’re feeling adventurous).
Chocolate Pecan Pie isn’t just for the Holidays
Make this chocolate pecan pie all year long and serve warm or at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream. It might make you yearn for family holiday time, but it won’t make the pie any less wonderful.
Full Circle Members > Shop Ingredients
- 1 ready-to-bake pie crust
- 2 cups organic pecans, chopped
- 4 ounces dark baking chocolate, chopped (try Theo's 85% Dark Chocolate or TCHO's 66% Dark Chocolate)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp bourbon or brandy
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into several pieces
- 1/2 tsp orange zest (optional)
- 2 free-range eggs
- Bake the pie crust according to the included directions. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. (If you have just baked the crust, you can simply adjust the oven temperature at this time).
- In a large bowl, combine the pecans and chocolate. Set aside.
- Using a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup, brown sugar, salt and bourbon, and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add the butter, stirring until completely melted.
- Add the orange zest, if using, and whisk in the eggs until thoroughly mixed. Cool slightly, if still very warm.
- Add the reserved pecans and chocolate, stirring gently until mixed.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust and bake for 25- 30 minutes, until puffed and set.
Adapted from a user-submitted recipe via Theo Chocolate (includes crust directions).