Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Looking to set a new record for how fast your guests demolish an appetizer plate? Try this sausage stuffed mushrooms recipe. The earthy flavor of organic cremini mushrooms combined with savory sausage and high quality cheese will impress even the most skeptical mushroom fan. Plus, this sausage stuffed mushroom recipe can be completed (start to finish) in less than 30 minutes.
And did I mention that organic cremini mushrooms are arriving from Full Circle‘s partner farms in almost every region right now? You’re running out off excuses… Once you’ve tried these, your party food spread will never be the same.
- 4 ounces organic ground Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded romano cheese (plus more to garnish)
- 1/4 cup fresh organic parsley, chopped (plus more to garnish)
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp organic heavy cream
- 10-12 organic cremini mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dice the mushroom stems.
- In a bowl combine Italian sausage, 1/4 cup of romano cheese, parsley, garlic, diced mushroom stems and cream. Mix well.
- Spoon a tablespoon or so of the mixture into each mushroom cap.
- Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
- Remove mushrooms from the oven and sprinkle with additional romano cheese.
- Return to oven and broil until the cheese is melted and slightly golden. About 1 minute.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve hot.
Pro tip: Heat things up with Spicy Italian Sausage and a dash of red pepper flakes!
Recipe adapted from Life’s Ambrosia.