Spring Spinach Citrus Salad
This spring spinach citrus salad combines some of the best seasonal ingredients from Full Circle into one delicious and healthy dish. Crisp and refreshing, this salad is the perfect starter for an early summer dinner, or you can add chicken to turn this into the perfect entree. Plus, quick and easy preparation makes this the ideal side for an impromptu get-together.
Also, the zesty honey-lime dressing on this spinach citrus salad is perfect for most other salad combinations as well, so make sure to bookmark this page!
- 3 Tbsp local honey
- 2 Tbsp fresh-squeezed organic lime juice
- 1 Tsp grated organic lime peel
- 1/8 Tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 Cup organic olive oil
- 10 cups fresh organic spinach
- 4 Medium organic navel oranges
- 1 Medium organic red onion
- Carefully peel and section the oranges, completely removing all of the pith (white part between the skin and fruit). Set aside.
- Slice the red onion and separate into half-rings. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the honey, lime juice, lime peel and nutmeg. Cover and blend until thoroughly mixed. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream until dressing reaches the desired consistency.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach and oranges.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Top with onion and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.