Asparagus Strawberry Dessert Salad
Asparagus for dessert? Yes; you read that correctly. And no; this is not an elaborate attempt to fool your kids into eating vegetables. This springtime asparagus strawberry dessert salad recipe really is delicious. With a slight crunch from grilled asparagus and subtle sweetness from the honey dressing and fresh spring strawberries, even the pickiest eaters will approve.
Rainy day? Don’t feel like getting out the grill? There’s lots of great ways to prepare asparagus for this salad that will still work perfectly.
- 1 pound organic asparagus, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups organic strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly coat the asparagus spears with olive oil.
- Grill over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or to desired tenderness.
- Let cool and cut into small 1-inch pieces.
- Toss the asparagus and strawberries together in a bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Chill before serving.
Recipe adapted from food.com.