Summer means that it’s time for food on a stick! And with organic cherry tomatoes and fresh organic mozzarella, this caprese kebabs recipe is a light and refreshing hand-held option for evenings on the patio. Mixed cherry tomatoes are arriving at Full Circle right now from our partner farms and are as juicy and sweet as they can be, so add some yellow and orange cherry tomatoes to this caprese variation for an extra splash of color.
Pro tip: Both cherry tomatoes and grape tomatoes are wonderful in this recipe. Curious about which you should use? Learn more about each variety from our friends over at The Kitchn.
- 1 pint organic cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 lb organic mozzarella cheese, cubed or rolled into small balls
- Fresh organic basil
- 1 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- On skewers, alternate a tomato, cheese and basil leaf until the skewer is full.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally, until the liquid reduces by about half and is thick and glossy.
- Let the liquid cool and serve as a side dip for the kebabs, or drizzle on top.
Recipe adapted from Luv Cooks.