Spiked Peach Tea
Spiked peach tea. Yes, you read that right. This adult version of the classic southern sipping beverage has homemade nectar and a shot of whiskey so you can put the kids to bed and enjoy some fresh local peaches in style. The best part about this spiked tea is that it can be made with almost any stone fruit (a nectar recipe is included below) and any whiskey. Plus, a hint of mint adds the coolness of a summer evening so mix it up and get the party started.
- 1 quart cold water
- 6 black tea bags
- 2 Tbsp organic cane sugar
- 2 cups peach nectar
- Your favorite whiskey
- Fresh organic peach slices, for garnish
- Fresh organic mint sprigs, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add the tea bags and stir in the sugar until it is dissolved, transfer to a pitcher.
- Add the peach nectar, and stir to combine. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Fill glasses with ice and then pour in the peach tea, leaving some room at the top for the whiskey.
- Stir in 1 shot of whiskey to each glass and garnish with a peach slice and fresh mint sprig.
Recipe adapted from Food Network.