Stir-fried Bacon and Kale
This stir-fried bacon and kale dish is an ideal side dish for two. The flavor of this stir fry is simple and earthy: organic lacinato kale is gently wilted and balanced by all natural salty-sweet bacon. Don’t be fooled by the shot list of ingredients and prep time. Save this recipe for use with other summer greens!
- 1 bunch of organic lacinato kale,
- 3 slices of all natural bacon, cut in ¼" strips
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Squeeze of organic lemon juice
- Wash and remove the ribs of the kale, then chop.
- Sauté the bacon bits in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Slowly add in the kale leaves with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Stir the kale and bacon for a couple minutes until the desired tenderness is reached.
- Remove from heat and splash on some vinegar and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Nom Nom Paleo.