Easy Pickles – A Full Circle Exclusive Recipe
Just because summer is shifting toward fall doesn’t mean you have to give up the gorgeous color and flavors of summer yet! Our Easy Pickles Recipe is a fast way to extend the taste of summer and add zing to your culinary palate. So let’s get pickling!
What veggies should you pickle? Cucumbers are naturally perfect for pickling, but many of your favorite vegetables can—and should—be pickled! Just imagine sweetly pickled radishes, beets, onions, peppers or carrots shining back at you every time you open the fridge!
What about the time commitment? Instead of slaving over kettle-steamers and special jars and lids, and then waiting for your pickles to do their thing, these easy, homemade pickles can be enjoyed in a day or so—without the fuss. Simple and fast means this method works with your schedule—and the kids can help too! And we’re pretty sure they will taste even better when everyone has a hand in making them. It is very possible that Easy Pickles will become a new tradition to keep the summer season going in your family.
Easy Pickles are not meant for long-term storage. Refrigerate and enjoy them within a week or so.
- 2 cups Vinegar (Rice, White or Apple Cider vinegars are great options)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- Optional seasonings:
- Mustard seed, black peppercorns, fennel, bay leaf, garlic.
- Boil the vinegar, sugar, salt & optional seasonings until the sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Set aside to cool while you prep your vegetables.
- Arrange vegetables in jars and pour pickling liquid over top. Secure with a lid and let rest in the fridge overnight.
- For this recipe, thinly sliced vegetables work best. Try shaving carrots with a vegetable peeler, thinly slicing radishes, onions, cucumber, papers or cauliflower. The longer the vegetables sit, the stronger the pickle flavor!