Chimichurri – Exclusive Recipe from Full Circle
“Chimichurri” is just fun to say—and even more fun to eat! Chimichurri is easy to make with a no-cook recipe that will have you ready for game day or serving up guests in a hurry. This tasty verde sauce delivers dynamite flavor to whatever you want to roast or grill.
In case you’re not already a fan, Chimichurri is akin to pesto but the jalapeño gives it a little kick. This bright sauce hails from Argentina and is traditionally served over grilled steak with a side of potatoes. We’ve found that it pairs well with grilled chicken, seafood and roasted vegetables and is dynamite when added to a mix of leafy or grain salad, or tossed in your potato salad.
Remember – you can adjust your ingredients for more or less ‘heat’ and include any herbs you’d like! Let’s stop talking about chimichurri – and make some! When you do, please share your dishes with us. Buen provecho!
- 2/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1-2 Tbsp jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine the fresh herbs, red onion, jalapeno, garlic and red pepper flakes in a large bowl.
- Add the vinegar and stir to combine.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and finish with salt and pepper to taste.