Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Raisins Recipe
Fresh bright broccoli florets pair wonderfully with sweet plump raisins and crunchy bacon. Feeling gourmet? Try using golden raisins or cranberries and crunchy morsels of fried prosciutto. To blanch broccoli, stem until tender-crisp.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 2 small heads chopped into small florets), blanched
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins or cranberries
- 1/2 cup cashews, freshly roasted and roughly chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, brown sugar, and vinegar; add salt and pepper to taste. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, bacon and raisins. Add dressing and toss well. Store, covered, in refrigerator until ready to serve. Stir in cashews before serving.