Roasted Cauliflower with Fresh Herbs and Parmesan Recipe
Roasted cauliflower makes a delicious and healthy snack or side. For an alternately great presentation, roast the whole head of cauliflower, covered with foil, until just tender then uncover, sprinkle with herbs and roast until brown. Serve with dipping sauce or clarified butter. Cauliflower goes very well with a variety of herbs and spices, like curry and coriander. Make it your own by choosing your favorites.
- 6 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 head)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Place cauliflower florets on a large roasting pan evenly spaced. Drizzle with olive oil and roast until evenly browned and tender, about 20 minutes, tossing and stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- When almost done, sprinkle with herbs and garlic.
- Transfer to a large bowl and toss with parmesan, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve as a side or with a garlic aioli or tzatziki dip.