What to do with Leftover Easter Eggs? – Spicy BLT Egg Salad Recipe
This post written by guest blogger—Laura Sampson
The eternal question of what to do with all the leftover Easter eggs is really easy to answer this year thanks to this Spicy BLT Egg Salad recipe. Sandwiches made from this spicy eggs mix will leave everyone asking for more, and for the recipe.
Flavored with Sriracha (a spicy garlic chili sauce) and filled with bacon and tomato it’s the egg salad that all boiled eggs aspire to become. While it does have a bit of a kick the actual heat can be as mild as you like, modified to suit every taste.
Get ready to have no hard boiled eggs left over and lingering this year, make Spicy BLT Egg Salad and watch them disappear.
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1-2 Tbsp Sriracha or other hot sauce
- 3 strips of bacon-finely chopped
- half a ripe tomato-finely chopped
- ½ a jalapeno-seeded and finely chopped
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices bread of your choice OR more lettuce leaves for a fresh lettuce wrap
- Peel the eggs and place them in a mixing bowl
- Mash with a potato masher
- Mix in the mayonnaise and the Sriracha
- Stir in the bacon, tomato and the jalapeno
- Taste it and add more Sriracha as needed
- Divide it between two slices of bread, top with lettuce and the rest of the bread
- Eat it!
Of course this is super easy to modify. Don’t like jalapenos? Add green peppers instead. Sriracha too much for you? Add just a drip for flavor. Make this YOUR recipe and enjoy it.
Laura Sampson is a life long Alaskan. She and her husband raise their 3 boys on a micro farm in the agricultural center of Alaska. While trying to eat local is a worthy endeavor the whole family agrees that a nice big box of fruit once a week makes winter much more pleasant and sweet. Visit her blog Hey What’s for Dinner Mom for more great recipes.