Grilled Chicken with Nectarine Chutney Recipe
This simple summery chutney brings a sweetness and tartness that pairs well with tomatoes and curry powder. A tangy accompaniment to chicken and grilled fish this summer sauce will soon become a seasonal favorite.
- 1 pound firm, but ripe nectarines, pitted and chopped roughly
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves or other protein
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Fresh cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Combine nectarines, tomato, garlic, vinegar, brown sugar, curry powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a 2-quart heavy saucepan and cook over moderate heat, until sauce has thickened and liquids have released, about 20 minutes.
- Prepare chicken breasts by covering with plastic wrap and flattening with a meat pounder or rolling pin until uniformly 1/4-inch.
- Pat dry, rub with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear on a hot grill or in a oiled pan over high heat until browned on both sides and cooked through, turning once, 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with warm chutney and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
If you’re in the mood for cherries or have some on hand, try this amazing Nectarine and Cherry Chutney Recipe for grilled lamb. You’ll be amazed.