Grilled Pineapple-Avocado Salsa Recipe
The magic of grilling can turn a light and fruity pairing like avocados and pineapple into a rich smoky and flavorful dish perfect for summer tacos. If you’re adventurous, try grilling the avocado halves along with the pineapple, but use a hot and well-oiled grill to avoid sticking.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2 slices
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 avocado
- In a small bowl combine oil and honey. Brush over pineapple slices.
- On a preheated and well seasoned grill sear slices until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and cool.
- Chop roughly and in a large bowl combine with everything but the avocado. Toss to coat.
- Peel, seed and dice avocado and add to the mixture.
- Gently mix in and salt to taste.
- Serve with breaded fish, flank steak or shrimp.