Broiled Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Figs
These delicious appetizers are a great start to a fine meal or a luscious afternoon snack. Use fresh figs, the fresher the better, any variety will do. You can also use really crisp bacon in place of prosciutto.
- 1 pint Black mission figs or other figs halved
- 10-12 2-inch slices of prosciutto
- 5 Tbsp blue cheese
- Preheat broiler to 425 degrees.
- In a non-stick pan, over medium heat, fry slices of prosciutto until crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Place fig halves, cut side up, on a baking tray.
- Place a slice of fried prosciutto and top with ½ tablespoon of blue cheese.
- Broil in oven until just warm and melting (should only take a minute or less).
- Remove and serve.