Roasted Delicata Squash Recipe
Not all squash require peeling. The delicata, with its smaller size and thinner skin than most winter squash is the perfect shoulder season bridge between summer zucchini and winter butternut or other hard skinned squash. If you haven’t tried roasted delicata here’s a simple recipe to get you started.
- 2-4 delicata squash
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Clean the squash by running it under cold water and rubbing thoroughly into the crevices with your fingers.
- Using a sharp knife and a towel to keep the squash from rolling, slice lengthwise in half.
- Using a spoon scoop out the seeds.
- Slice crosswise into ½-inch segments and toss in olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 10 minutes.
- Flip slices over and roast again for another 10-15 minutes, until squash is soft and creamy throughout and golden brown.
- Serve as a side or toss with pasta and sauce.